Quelques éclats de jade
Cursed by the Realm
CURSED BY THE REALM [SPIRITUAL] (4 POINTS)
The influence of the spirit realms can be felt throughout the mortal realm of Ningen-do, and for whatever reason, the essence of one realm in particular has marked you as a foe of all that emanate from that realm. This Disadvantage is worth 5 points to shugenja characters.
- Chikushudo: You suffer a penalty of -1k1 to all Animal Handling rolls.
- Gaki-do: The hungry dead crave your life essence above all others. All gaki and other hungry dead will attack you before any other available target, no matter the cost.
- Jigoku: The Realm of Evil thirsts for your soul. Any roll you make to resist the Shadowlands Taint suffers a penalty of -1k1.
- Maigo no Musha: Your existence thwarts destiny in some manner. Any roll you make against a spirit of any kind suffers a penalty of -1k1.
- Meido: The ennui of the Realm of Waiting fills your soul. When unoccupied by physical activity or social interaction, you tend to lapse into a trance-like state that causes you to suffer a penalty of -1k0 to all Perception-based rolls.
- Sakkaku: Trickster spirits plague you, and at least once a month you are the victim of some elaborate, cruel prank by some malicious spirit.
- Tengoku: The Celestial Heavens reject you as unclean. While within a temple devoted to the Heavens (any Fortune, the Kami, the Elemental Dragons, or the Sun or Moon), the TNs of all your rolls is increased by +10.
- Toshigoku: At the sight of a wounded opponent, you are overcome with bloodlust and must succeed at a Willpower Trait Roll (TN 15) or immediately attack the wounded party.
- Yomi: You may not possess any Advantages or abilities that specifically reference ancestral links (Inheritance, for example).
- Yume-do: You are plagued with horrific nightmares, making sleep difficult. You require 10 hours of sleep to regain Void Points, rather than the normal 8.